Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles tour
Home to some of Victoria’s most spectacular scenery, the Great Ocean Road is a must-see destination, combining breath-taking views with unique wildlife and beautiful natural wonders. Our tours are specially designed to showcase the best that the Great Ocean Road has to offer.
You can enjoy many photo opportunities, and since it is a small group tour, we will stop on request at any time.
From Bells Beach to the lovely views of Anglesea, Lorne and Apollo Bay, plus a visit to the world-famous 12 Apostles, our English, Japanese and Spanish-speaking Great Ocean Road tours are guaranteed to please.
Highlights of our Scene-A-Roo Great Ocean Road & 12 Apostles tour include:
- Bells Beach, a world-famous surfing break where we can watch surfers in action when the conditions are right.
- Looking for wild Eastern Grey Kangaroos
- In Lorne, we visit Teddy’s Lookout, where a short walk leads to a spectacular viewing platform.
- Searching for wild koalas at Kennet River, as well as beautiful wild native birds including the Australian King Parrot and Crimson Rosellas.
- Enjoying lunch at the seaside town of Apollo Bay. Apollo Bay has a beautiful beach, a scenic boat harbour, restaurants and shops.
- Taking a rainforest walk in the Otway National Park to see a patch of ancient vegetation, common in Australia at the time of the dinosaurs.
- Viewing the Twelve Apostles. We will take your photograph with the rock formations in the background!
- Seeing the beautiful canyon and beach at Loch Ard Gorge.
- Visiting the small town of Port Campbell
- Marvelling at the London Arch (London Bridge) rock formation – a beautiful offshore rock stack with a hole in the middle.
There are other beautiful viewpoints such as Split Point Lighthouse, Castle Cove, Gibson Steps and Urquhart’s Bluff. Depending on the weather, the season, the available parking space and the available time, we may be able to visit one or more of these places (summer has longer daylight hours compared to winter, and parking space is difficult to obtain during peak holiday periods)
We take pride in our good service and attention to detail (we offer Japanese style customer service), and we are always happy to take many photos of you at all of the beautiful locations which we visit. We offer a friendly, flexible and informative small group tour experience, and we guarantee that you will have many happy memories to last for many years!
Scene-A-Roo’s experienced and friendly tour guide, Dominic, lived and worked in Japan for 6 years and has worked as a tour guide for close to 20 years. Having travelled to more than 50 countries himself, Dominic understands and respects different cultures, and he knows how to make the tour an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular coastal views – there’s something amazing to see around every corner of this unique coastline.
Great Ocean Road tour information
|Tours run||Saturday, Monday, Wednesday (Private Tours on request)|
|Depart||7-8am (4 pre-arranged pickup locations)|
$95 Child (1-13)
$695 Private Tour (1-6 people)
$895 Private Tour (7-11 people)
|What to bring||Sunglasses
Comfortable walking shoes.
A jacket or other piece of warm clothing.
Swimming clothes and a towel (weather permitting).
Great Ocean Road Private Tour
Scene-A-Roo also offers the Great Ocean Road as a private tour. The tour is available on request, on any day of the week. We normally do the same itinerary and highlights as our regular small group tour (as described above). However, as it is a private tour, you can choose to do other options not normally done on regular tours. Other options include visiting Otway Fly Treetop Adventures to zip line or walk through the rainforest canopy. The historic Cape Otway Lightstation and surrounding area is very scenic. You can go horse riding on the beach, or you can book a flight on an aeroplane or a helicopter to see the 12 Apostles and the spectacular Cape Otway coastline. We can show you empty beaches where you are guaranteed not to see any other tourists or people. Please be aware that if we do any of these extra activities which are not part of our suggested itinerary, we may not be able to visit all of the highlights listed, but we will always have visiting the 12 Apostles as our top priority. Please note that it is essential to book in advance if you want to do any of these activities. You can book by yourself, or please contact us if you would like us to make a booking for you.
Scene-A-Roo also offers English,Japanese and Spanish-speaking Brighton Beach Boxes and Phillip Island Penguin tours. Take a look at our full list of tour destinations.